From Cape Fear Valley Medical…
“To protect staff and patients from risk of COVID-19, all Cape Fear Valley Health System locations, including hospitals and outpatient clinics, will be closed completely to visitors until further notice with the following exceptions:
- Labor & Delivery: Laboring mothers may have one support person/coach for the duration of their stay. If the support person/coach leaves the premises for any reason, he or she will not be allowed back into the building.
- Pediatric patients: A legal minor may have one parent or guardian with them.
- Patients who need a healthcare decision maker or require communication assistance may have one assistance person with them.
- End of life patients will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine the appropriate number of visitors.
- All exceptions will be determined by the hospital.
Even in the above situations, visitors with symptoms of a fever or respiratory illness symptoms, including cough or shortness of breath, should remain home. Hospitals will use discretion and may screen visitors for signs and symptoms of illness.”