Some businesses on Harris Avenue had to be evacuated Tuesday due to a natural gas leak, Raeford city officials said. The gas was still shut off Wednesday morning, impacting some businesses in the area that use natural gas in their operations.
The gas leak started around noon Tuesday in the area of the barber shop on Harris Avenue in Raeford. First responders evacuated the local businesses. No homes had to be evacuated due to the leak, officials said.
The Piedmont Natural Gas line is a four-inch transmission main, Raeford City Manager Dennis Baxley said. Crews have already found the problem and are working on fixing it. Piedmont Natural Gas reported to city officials that they hope to have service restored later today, the city manager said.
Leave a Reply