Due to the continued spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, FirstHealth of the Carolinas is announcing additional restrictions at its four hospital locations.
Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, no visitors will be permitted at MRH-Hoke until further notice. There are exceptions to the policy, including the following:
• Visitation of a patient nearing the end of life (The number of visitors allowed in this situation will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the care team)
• One companion to accompany patients for discharge
• One emergency department companion
• One outpatient area companion
• One companion to accompany patient for procedure or surgery
Additionally, no visitors under the age of 12 will be allowed to visit until further notice. People who are over 65, pregnant or immunocompromised are discouraged from visiting.
All visitors and patients will be screened prior to entry into a FirstHealth hospital, and visitors should not visit our campuses if they have one or more of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or if they have come in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Patients being treated or tested for COVID-19 may not have any visitors.